Bahay-bahayan

on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

 Life is a paradox. People who are grown-ups wants to fly back few years earlier. While children on the other hand, wants to double up the time for them to escape schooling. Grown-ups have experience so much hardships, pain, anger and other so they want to go back to the time of their lives where they are worriless. But in the case of the children who have less experience, do not  have the idea how playful life is when they are old enough.

Bahay bahayan. Absolutely one of the most enjoyable game when I was a kid. This is played by minimum of 4 kids who will act as family members: mother, father, and their children. If ever players exceeds to 4 members, they can now have two families and other community teachers, policeman, and others. It is as if kids built their own simple community on their own way based from their innocent minds.

When I see kids, nowadays, who are playing this game, it is like my childhood memories abruptly sinks into me. It is like I am watching the child version of me who seems to tease me the way he moves, the way he acts in a particular scene of their game.

Peering through the past, I can remember when I play the role of husband I do act like a grown man. A man who teases his wife. A husband who tickles his wife. Oopppsss, HOW GROSS!!! It is as if they know everything about the life of a full grown man.

Flashing back towards the past is a sort of refreshment for me. It brings me so much memory and happy thoughts. Reminiscing those days feels like I have had so much years of stay in my childhood. Happy moments which make my eyes teary with smile across my face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment